Dr. Michael K. Kim is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon with Associates in Cosmetic Surgery and has the training and accreditation you should seek when choosing a plastic surgeon.
During these days of health insurance reimbursement problems, more and more surgeons are moving in the market of cosmetic surgery. Unfortunately, the consumer is usually puzzled and confused as to whom they should seek for consultation for a cosmetic procedure. Physicians from many specialties are getting into the market for "cosmetic surgery." Don't be fooled.
To become a Plastic Surgeon requires one to complete a residency in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. In addition to cosmetic surgery training, we are taught to deal with a whole array of problems stemming from cleft lip, burns, facial trauma, hand surgery, breast reconstruction, lower extremity reconstructive surgery, microsurgery and skin cancer surgery. This training is quite extensive and usually takes anywhere from 7 to 10 years after medical school. Plastic Surgeons then become certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
The confusion comes in when dermatologists, ophthalmologists, and ENT (ears, nose, and throat) surgeons claim to be "Plastic Surgeons" and perform cosmetic surgery but are not in fact fully trained Plastic Surgeons. Many types of physicians are performing procedures with sometimes limited if any training. For example, there are some physicians who perform breast augmentations without any formal Plastic Surgery training. Sometimes weekend courses are given to allow these physicians to get their "certificates."
- Stuyvesant High School, New York, N.Y. - 1976-1980
- B.S. Magna Cum Laude, City College of New York,
Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education,
C.U.N.Y. 7 Year Medical Program - 1980-1985
- M.D, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY - 1985-1987
- Plastic Surgery Fellow - Emory University in Atlanta, GA
- General Surgery New York University Medical Center and Bellevue Hospital, New York, NY
- Plastic Surgery Research Fellow Department of Surgery, Division of Plastic Surgery, University of Louisville.
- Florida, (Active)
- Ohio Medical License (Active)
- Kentucky Medical License (Active)
- Georgia Medical License (Active)
- Board Certified in Plastic Surgery
- Board Certified in Subspecialty of Surgery of the Hand with the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Diplomat of the National Board of Medical Examiners
- American Medical Association
- Florida Medical Association
- Lee County Medical Society
- Diplomat of the American College of Surgeons
- Member of the American Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons, Inc.
- Member for the American Society for Surgery of the Hand (ASSH)
- Candidate for the American Society of Aesthetic Surgeons
- Joo Do Kwon, Tae Kwon Do Federation, Black Belt
- NPI# 1366400590
Dr. Michael K. Kim has been selected once again to Castle Connolly's Top Doctors for the 12th year in a row.
Schedule a Consultation
Dr. Michael K. Kim will meet with you in the comfort and privacy of his office located at 6842 International Center Boulevard, Fort Myers, FL 33912. As every individual's desires and needs are quite different, the doctor will thoroughly discuss your goals and the benefits of surgical options and nonsurgical treatments. He will help guide and enable you to make the most informed and appropriate decision.