“Turkey neck” is a rather unflattering term for wrinkled, sagging skin on the neck, which is a common side effect of aging. It occurs when your neck muscles begin weakening and your skin loses its elasticity, or ability to stretch and stay tight. Above is some advice on how to get rid of Turkey Neck without getting a surgical lift.
6 exercises to get rid of "Turkey Neck"
Turkey Neck results from a combination of excess fat around the neck region, loose skin around the neck and muscle weakness. Turkey Neck may also be a sign of an individual simply aging. The major cause for an individual having Turkey Neck is the collagen loss from the skin around the neck region resulting in the skin around the neck to lose its elasticity.
- Upward Facing Dog Pose Exercise: To do this exercise, lie down facing the floor. Now slowly lift yourself up using your forearms. The elbows must be positioned right beneath the shoulders in a straight line. Now push the body up in a manner that it forms a reverse “C” position. Tilt the chin out and maintain this position for about half a minute.
- Fish Face Pose Exercise:To do this exercise, sit in a comfortable chair keeping the shoulders relaxed and back straight. Look up as much as you can while pointing the chin upwards. Now slowly move the lower lip towards the upper lip so as to cover it completely. By doing this, you will feel tightness around the muscles in the neck region. Maintain this position for about 10 seconds and repeat it about 10 times for optimum results.
- ‘Chewing Gum’ Exercise:This is perhaps the best exercise for Turkey Neck and also the easiest one. All you have to do is think that you are chewing a gum and move your mouth like that. Turn your head left and right as much as you can while doing this exercise.
- Tongue Pressure Exercise: To do this exercise, you need to relax your shoulders and sit in a comfortable position. Look up as much as you can and keep your face muscles relaxed and mouth closed. Now press the tongue firmly on the mouth’s roof while also flexing the muscles of the neck located right below the jaw. Now try to bring the chin down towards the chest all the while maintaining the tongue pressure.
- Tongue Circle Exercise:To do this exercise, sit down on a chair with the mouth closed. Now move the tongue in circles first to the right side about 15 times and then the left side about 15 times.
- Lip Pursing:Purse the lips as far as possible while also extending the chin in front so that a stretch is felt on the neck muscles and they become tight. Maintain this position for about 15 seconds.