ABC7’s The More in the Morning team spoke with Dr. Michael K. Kim, Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon, to talk about “mommy makeovers” and what you can do to get your body back to what it was pre-pregnancy. According to a survey conducted by The Harris Poll on behalf of RealSelf, a leading source for individuals considering cosmetic treatment, 97% of patients said that a mommy makeover is worth having.
The Mommy Makeover
1. Corrects concerns that exercise cannot
Many mothers find that diet and exercise aren’t enough to reverse the physical toll of pregnancy. The fact is that certain concerns are relatively permanent without surgical intervention. These concerns include separated abdominal muscles (diastasis recti), breast sagging, excess skin, and stubborn pockets of fat.
That’s where a mommy makeover comes in. It can help tighten the abdominal core, lift the breasts, remove hanging skin, eliminate excess fat, and more. Your surgical plan will be customized to achieve your unique goals.
2. LONG-TERM INVESTMENT WITH LASTING RESULTS
Some cosmetic solutions, such as injectables, are short-term investments. They offer exceptional results, but those results fade within a matter of months. Other cosmetic solutions, like mommy makeover surgery, are long-term investments. Mommy makeover results are incredibly long-lasting. You can expect to enjoy your rejuvenated, confidence-boosting figure for many years. Schedule your surgery after you’re done having kids to achieve the best longevity.
How Can Pregnancy Affect My Body?
Pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding can impact your body in several ways, such as:
- Loss of breast volume
- Sagging breasts
- Excess fat and loose skin around your stomach
- Stretched or torn abdominal muscles
- Stretch marks
- Changes to your body’s fat content
- Enlarged areolas
- Visible C-section scars
What Procedures Does a typical Mommy Makeover Include?
The exact nature of your mommy makeover will depend on how your body responded to pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding. All mommy makeovers are customized to include the procedures that address your unique needs. Yours may include some of the following procedures:
- Breast augmentation: Can restore lost breast volume, providing a more attractive appearance and cleavage.
- Breast lift: Can address sagging and give your breasts a more youthful appearance.
- Liposuction: Can remove stubborn areas of fat that you can’t get rid of through diet and exercise.
- Tummy tuck: Can repair stretched or torn abdominal muscles and tighten excess skin around your stomach.